Sunday, October 18, 2009

A.P.E.




Random half hour sketch I did last night when I couldn't sleep . . . looking at it now her forehead is kinda short. :/ I've gotta really practice heads for Heads and Hands 1 for next semester . . . I think my teacher is a little disappointed with where I am now . . . I'm working on it though!

Went to the alternative press expo yesterday, met some really great artists! I bought a Gnomon Workshop storyboarding DVD by Derek Thompson, a pixar story artist. He was a pretty cool guy, got him to sign it for me. He said to email him with what I think after I watch it. So far it's pretty good, it's three hours long, I think I've watched about an hour or so. I'll be sure to email him, I think this dvd will really help me with my animating.

I also met Pacal Champion, who is now one of my favorite artists! His use of color is really amazing, go check him out if you're reading this! www.pascalchampion.com I got his autographed book and he gave me a free print I've now got hanging on my wall.

Massive Black was there, too, Freddie freaked out and got two of his idols' sketchbook copies signed. I also saw a teacher of mine from last year, Joko. He's pretty epic, I couldn't afford his book, sadly, so I got him to sign one of his free posters for me. I might see him again in advanced perspective.

All in all, it got me pretty pumped and excited to draw an animate, totally worth the money, even though now I can't buy food. Give and take, eh? :)

Well, today is a fun-filled day of homework! So I best get to it. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment